[arin-ppml] Serious question for the list.

Gary Buhrmaster gary.buhrmaster at gmail.com
Thu May 5 15:09:36 EDT 2011

On Thu, May 5, 2011 at 18:44, Mike Burns <mike at nationwideinc.com> wrote:
> Would the AC give more weight to expressions of support from long term list
> members than from newcomers?

My experience is that the AC give more weight to well reasoned
positions than how long one has been a subscriber.  But to provide
that well reasoned position, one does need to have some understanding
of the issues and process (and that, in practice, does mean one is
going to have to participate(*), and not provide drive-by support/disapproval
on point issues).  I personally think the more that want to participate the
better.  I also wish more of the "legacy" holders would participate.  I
also recognize the life is short, and PPML is sometimes one fire hose
too many.

Gary

(*) Participation does *not* have to mean commenting on every
    issue.  "Lurkers" who follow the discussions can still be
    participating, saving their wisdom for when it matters the most.