[arin-ppml] ARIN-prop-146 Clarify Justified Need for Transfers

Jeffrey Lyon jeffrey.lyon at blacklotus.net
Thu May 5 13:21:27 EDT 2011

Response inline.

On Thu, May 5, 2011 at 9:16 AM, McTim <dogwallah at gmail.com> wrote:
> On Thu, May 5, 2011 at 1:24 PM, Jeffrey Lyon
> <jeffrey.lyon at blacklotus.net> wrote:
>

>> Based on the fact that you call it "petrol," i'll assume you're not in
>> the United States. My trips to the gas station take about < 5 minutes.
>> I would call that a testament to the free market.
>

> I guess you aren't old enough to remember long lines and rationing in the USA.

President Nixon was also one of the biggest black eyes to the U.S.
economy to occur in the 20th century. There is less control on the
market now and we no longer have these issues. Basic supply and demand
principles ensure that no one will ever be stuck in a line waiting for
anything so long as there is minimal government regulation or
collusion. Even President Obama hasn't managed to cause this level of
economic damage.

> See any resemblance to IP addressing?

Yes, I do. ARIN restricts and rations access to IP resources which
keeps prices artificially low while putting long lines on the near
horizon. Anyone who isn't satisfied with their fuel being rationed
shouldn't be satisfied with their IP space being rationed.

--
Jeffrey Lyon, Leadership Team
jeffrey.lyon at blacklotus.net | http://www.blacklotus.net