[arin-ppml] ARIN-prop-146 Clarify Justified Need for Transfers

Matthew Kaufman matthew at matthew.at
Tue May 3 20:33:43 EDT 2011

On 5/3/2011 5:30 PM, Martin Hannigan wrote:
> On Tue, May 3, 2011 at 6:49 PM, Matthew Kaufman<matthew at matthew.at>  wrote:
>> On 5/3/2011 3:42 PM, Matthew Kaufman wrote:
>>> Sure... back when there was a free pool, making them jump through the
>>> extra hoops every 3 months to show that they're doing the right thing makes
>>> (some) sense... but once there isn't, every time they get space might be
>>> their last.
>> Oh, and since the "ARIN Community" is mostly made up of the "haves" and has
>> almost no representation (if any) from the "have nots" I have no expectation
>> that there will be widespread support for fixing transfer policies for the
>> "have nots".
> Mathew,
>
> How did you determine that the average ARIN member is under-represented here?

I'm not sure what you're asking.

The people this policy change protects currently have no IPv4 space (as
if they did they'd be processed under the policy which does have the
12-month exemption), but will need to acquire some after ARIN runout. I
have yet to see a single person who appears like they might fall into
that category post on the list this week.

Matthew Kaufman