[arin-ppml] ARIN-prop-146 Clarify Justified Need for Transfers

Owen DeLong owen at delong.com
Tue May 3 13:18:01 EDT 2011

On May 2, 2011, at 9:22 PM, Matthew Kaufman wrote:

> On 5/2/2011 8:47 PM, Owen DeLong wrote:
>>
>> Welcome to the post-run-out world. Why should we let you acquire more space now and deny that
>> space to someone else who has justified need now?
>
> Because I can afford it and have taken the time to find a seller.
>
> Or were you planning on enacting price controls on the market as well?

No, I think justified need is the only required control on the market. I don't see a need for price
controls, but, I do see a need to ensure that people like you do not get excessive address
space just because you have greater financial resources vs. others who need it now, but
have lesser financial resources.

Owen