[arin-ppml] Analogies

William Herrin bill at herrin.us
Mon May 2 20:07:12 EDT 2011

On Mon, May 2, 2011 at 7:53 PM, Owen DeLong <owen at delong.com> wrote:
> On May 2, 2011, at 3:47 PM, William Herrin wrote:
>> Section 7. Current and future policies. Compliance with tomorrow's
>> NRPM is immaterial to the provision of whois and dns services.
>>
> Given the rather blanket exemption to future NRPM policies contained
> elsewhere in the agreement which overrides the part of this that you
> are objecting to, I'm not sure I see your point here.

Owen,

Which blanket exemption would that be?' Can you find it?

Section 2 which says, "must comply with ARIN’s Number Resource Policy
Manual [...] as long as the terms of the Policies are not inconsistent
with this Legacy Agreement?"

Section 7 which says, "Policies shall be binding upon Legacy Applicant
immediately after they are posted on the Website," except if they're
inconsistent with a specific term in the LRSA?

Maybe you mean 10b which is the only obvious thing that sets out a
condition that could be inconsistent with the NRPM. It says, "ARIN
will take no action to reduce the services provided for Included
Number Resources that are not currently being utilized by the Legacy
Applicant." And it doesn't even promise to leave all the registrant's
addresses intact... just the ones that "are not currently being
utilized."

Regards,
Bill Herrin

Falls Church, VA 22042-3004