[arin-ppml] Fwd: [arin-announce] LRSA Requirement Modified for 8.3 Transfers

Florian Weimer fw at deneb.enyo.de
Sun May 1 12:25:45 EDT 2011

* John Curran:

> Florian -
>
>   This has no impact on inter-RIR transfers today, as we still lack approved
>   policies in the regions to allow such.  Most of the discussions around such
>   policies have included having the seller's RIR confirm that the resources
>   are registered correctly, and that would imply similar practices if/when
>   inter-RIR transfers are recognized.

I was under the impression that the lack of an (L)RSA requirement
would implicitly open the door to inter-RIR transfers.  (Registration
with another RIR could probably serve as proper documentation that the
transferring party actually controls the address space subject to the
transfer.)  Thanks for clarifying that this is not the case.