[arin-ppml] Draft Policy 2011-5: Shared Transition Space for IPv4 Address Extension - IAB comment

Kevin Kargel kkargel at polartel.com
Tue Jun 28 14:29:22 EDT 2011

Putting out a public call for assistance might actually not be the dumbest idea we ever had.  According to tribal lore on the list there are at least a few orgs sitting on /8's that are not being efficiently (or even minimally) used.  If one of those orgs volunteered a /10 of that space for a calendar period it would certainly lock in their "ownership" (or at least garner some community gratitude) and keep the space from being considered for reclamation when the vultures start circling in the ends of days.

All it would take would be a public commitment from the blockholder that they would not publically route the netblock for X years.

OK legacy holders, who wants to step up and save the world?  :D

Kevin