[arin-ppml] RIR distribution of legacy addresses

Benson Schliesser bensons at queuefull.net
Thu Jun 2 01:47:46 EDT 2011

Hi, John.

The message forwarded below was sent to the APNIC sig-policy mailing list this evening (or morning, as it may be in AP region).  It seems to describe APNIC behavior regarding redistribution of "historical resources", and indicates that APNIC does not redistribute ERX Legacy address resources.  Apparently, from the text of this message, the APNIC view of these address resources is that they should be returned to IANA.

Can you please help educate me on ARIN's view of this topic?  In particular, I would appreciate if you can describe how ARIN process compares with APNIC process, with regard to the redistribution of Legacy address resources.  If there are differences, then further explanation of the rationale would be appreciated as well.

Thanks,
-Benson

Begin forwarded message: