[arin-ppml] ARIN Board consideration of IAB consultation response on 2011-5

David Farmer farmer at umn.edu
Thu Jul 7 10:15:58 EDT 2011

On 7/7/11 08:44 CDT, John Curran wrote:
> The ARIN Board believes that it is not within ARIN's authority to
> unilaterally make specialized allocations of the sort proposed in
> 2011-5. The ARIN Board recommends that any efforts in support of such
> an allocation be directed towards the IETF.

John,

I want to thank you and the Board.  While i still support the intent of
2011-5, I think the Board is correct.

However, where does this leave 2011-5?  Is it dead?  Is it returned to
the AC?  Is there a /10 on hold waiting for IETF and IAB action?
Forever?  Until there is no longer an ARIN free pool?

In my opinion these are all important questions when considering the
proper disposition for ARIN-prop-154.

Thanks.
David Farmer               Email:farmer at umn.edu
Networking & Telecommunication Services
Office of Information Technology
University of Minnesota
2218 University Ave SE	    Phone: 612-626-0815
Minneapolis, MN 55414-3029   Cell: 612-812-9952