[arin-ppml] ARIN-prop-154 Shared Space for IPv4 Address Extension (w/IETF considerations)

Joe Maimon jmaimon at chl.com
Sun Jul 3 12:02:37 EDT 2011

ARIN wrote:

> ARIN-prop-154 Shared Space for IPv4 Address Extension (w/IETF
> considerations)

> A second contiguous /10 IPv4 block will be reserved to facilitate IPv4
> address extension. This block will not be allocated or assigned to any
> single organization, but is to be shared by Service Providers for
> internal use for IPv4 address extension deployments until connected
> networks fully support IPv6. Examples of such needs include: IPv4
> addresses between home gateways and NAT444 translators.

Duck rules. An allocation in all but name.

I do not support as written.

If the concern is that by the time this policy has a green light for
implementation there wont be available space, I will point out that a
solution to this problem was already attempted,
http://lists.arin.net/pipermail/arin-ppml/2010-April/017410.html

I urge any reservation proposal to be vanilla in similar vein.

Joe