[arin-ppml] ARIN-prop-131: Section 5.0 Legacy Addresses

William Herrin bill at herrin.us
Mon Jan 31 17:49:43 EST 2011

On Mon, Jan 31, 2011 at 3:10 PM, cja at daydream.com <packetgrrl at gmail.com> wrote:
> Let's be clear this is not "ARIN speak".  This is RIR speak.

Hi Cathy,

Fair enough; it's RIR-speak.

>  If you have
> a better alternative to distinguish between addresses that are given out to
> be further assigned to customers as opposed to blocks given that are
> intended not to be further delegated then feel free to make a suggestion.
> Most of us would love a workable alternative.

Okay, I deserved that. The only thing I have is: use more words. One
word whose plain English meaning implies receiving the
allocation/assignment/delegation/registration and a second word or
words whose plain English meaning sets out the difference between
delegable/ISP/LIR registrations and those which are indivisible.

Regards,
Bill

Falls Church, VA 22042-3004