[arin-ppml] ARIN-prop-127: Shared Transition Space for IPv4 Address Extension

Kevin Oberman oberman at es.net
Thu Jan 20 16:52:31 EST 2011

I hate this proposal. It is ugly and painful but I support it because it
is still better to have it than to not have it. It really looks to me
like this can ease the pain for at least some operators.

My support is still tentative and it is possible that I will make
arguments that will change my mind, but I have seen any not so far.

It would be better if the allocation was from IANA at IETF direction,
but I don't favor the cutting off of noses to spite faces.
--
R. Kevin Oberman, Network Engineer
Energy Sciences Network (ESnet)