[arin-ppml] ARIN-prop-126: Compliance Requirement

Jimmy Hess mysidia at gmail.com
Tue Jan 11 23:20:48 EST 2011

On Tue, Jan 11, 2011 at 8:59 AM, Jack Bates <jbates at brightok.net> wrote:
>Opposed
> On 1/11/2011 7:23 AM, ARIN wrote:
>> 12.4 Update to:
>> Organizations found by ARIN to be materially out of compliance with
>> current ARIN policy shall be requested or required to return resources
>> or update reassignment information as needed to bring them into (or
>> reasonably close to) compliance.
> To be honest, I'm lazy. The only time I do paperwork is when I have to do
> paperwork. ARIN currently enforces compliance of whois information when

So people are lazy,  therefore have  incomplete or out of date
reassignment info,
is that what you are implying?

That would be a reason to consider implementing a proposal such as PP126 or
something similar, not a reason to abandon it, because it would be evidence
that the policy measures currently provided  are not sufficient  in
themselves to
induce compliance with the policy,  even by orgs who are innocent of fraud.

As you say "The only time I do paperwork is when I have to do paperwork."
That would  suggest the  re-assignment policies currently in effect,
and contact
information  requirements would only be effective with robust enforcement
measures.

--
-JH