[arin-ppml] ARIN-prop-126: Compliance Requirement

Chris Boyd cboyd at gizmopartners.com
Tue Jan 11 14:49:57 EST 2011

I understand the desire to better manage the address space utilization, but this seems like a lot of work on both sides to manage.  Maybe if we were talking about this as a policy in the dawn of ARIN time I could fully support it with a few tweaks.

As it stands, it seems that it would just add a lot explanations to execs unfamiliar with ARIN about why we need to do all this additional work just because we [shut down a division | sold a customer base | other business reason for changing address space used].

It seems to try to conserve IPv4 resources that we're all supposed to be moving away from.

We're still relying on end users to accurately report usage of address space, and I don't think that anyone wants to get ARIN into a full-blown network auditor position.

Overall, I'd rather keep the current language.

--Chris