[arin-ppml] ARIN-prop-126: Compliance Requirement

Jack Bates jbates at brightok.net
Tue Jan 11 13:57:59 EST 2011

Still opposed.

On 1/11/2011 11:39 AM, Scott Leibrand wrote:
> For context, here is what existing policy *already* reads
> (https://www.arin.net/policy/nrpm.html#twelve):

I'm lazy, the whois information I have is valid, I'll thown in the extra
downstream customers (who's contact information is a duplicate of mine)
when ARIN requires it for extra space, or if they choose to audit and
request that I do so.

I dislike the changes, as they promote ARIN seeking to audit or take
action more swiftly, as it's much easier to break rDNS than it is to
revoke address space. If the matter is serious enough, they should just
revoke the space; not deal with rDNS.

The only truly important whois records are the originally assigned.
Beyond that, it only matters for justification or if a downstream
organization has different contacts. Providing an informative layout of
the network to 3rd parties is not a valid reason for updating whois
information.

Jack