[arin-ppml] Discussion Petition of ARIN-prop-125 Efficient Utilization of IPv4 Requires Dual-Stack

Kevin Kargel kkargel at polartel.com
Fri Jan 7 11:09:18 EST 2011

I still oppose p125 .  ARIN is still a registrar and still has no business specifying network topology or operation.  I am not saying that the intent of p125 is necessarily evil, but that ARIN is not the appropriate venue to accomplish the goals.

Forced IPv6 adoption should be handled by one of the protocol standards organizations (if it should happen at all), not by the numbering registrar.

IPv6 will be a natural mutation.  As content becomes available end users will demand IPv6 and that will drive adoption.  IPv6 is bigger than ARIN.