[arin-ppml] ARIN-prop-136 Services Opt-out Allowed for Unaffiliated Address Blocks

John Curran jcurran at arin.net
Fri Feb 25 14:45:29 EST 2011

On Feb 26, 2011, at 3:37 AM, Ted Mittelstaedt wrote:

> ARIN cannot have it's cake and eat it too - if ARIN says
> a resource is being used by an unrelated party, then section
> 3.6.1 states "the POC record shall be marked invalid"

Ted -  If we determined that the POC was illegitimate, then
we would mark the POC appropriate.  This does not mandate a
resource review per section NRPM 12, and a change to policy
to mandate such would require discussing the level of staff
resources we would need to dedicate to this effort.

> It seems to me that if an unrelated party is using a legacy
> resource that the first step of any legacy reclamation effort would
> be to contact that party and tell them they must sign an RSA and
> start paying the fees to continue using the numbers.

We contact them and explain that they need to update the
contact information on number resources accordingly, and
if a different organization is involved, then must also
initiate an appropriate transfer request.

FYI,
/John

John Curran
President and CEO