[arin-ppml] ARIN-prop-136 Services Opt-out Allowed for Unaffiliated Address Blocks

Gary Buhrmaster gary.buhrmaster at gmail.com
Thu Feb 24 21:12:06 EST 2011

On Fri, Feb 25, 2011 at 01:18, Matthew Kaufman <matthew at matthew.at> wrote:
> How does that protect a seller if, for instance, the check bounces and they
> initiate proceedings to reclaim the space back from the buyer? Best case,
> they get the space but now they've signed the LRSA for it. Do they also need
> to sue ARIN to get the LRSA unwound in the same action? Wouldn't it be
> easier for everyone if this could all be avoided?

I trust that most of the sources of space to be transfered will
have good enough lawyers to insure that the costs for making
that space available will be appropriately compensated (and
protected against failures to execute).  And if they did not hire
good enough lawyers, well, no policy is going to be able to
adequately protect them.

Gary