[arin-ppml] ARIN-prop-136 Services Opt-out Allowed for Unaffiliated Address Blocks

Owen DeLong owen at delong.com
Thu Feb 24 20:40:05 EST 2011

On Feb 24, 2011, at 5:18 PM, Matthew Kaufman wrote:

> On 2/24/2011 5:11 PM, Owen DeLong wrote:
>> I believe one can currently get the transfer to the point where the LRSA is the final
>> step to completing the transfer.
>>
>> I believe that provides adequate protection.
>
> How does that protect a seller if, for instance, the check bounces and they initiate proceedings to reclaim the space back from the buyer? Best case, they get the space but now they've signed the LRSA for it. Do they also need to sue ARIN to get the LRSA unwound in the same action? Wouldn't it be easier for everyone if this could all be avoided?

The seller can insist that the check clears before they sign the LRSA.

To my knowledge, the transaction between the transferor and the recipient is independent of ARIN and
the transfer process makes no provision for the transferor to initiate proceedings with ARIN to reclaim
the space, so, I don't see how your scenario applies.

Owen