[arin-ppml] Proposal insanity --- an open letter

Tony Hain alh-ietf at tndh.net
Tue Feb 22 17:49:25 EST 2011

John,

I never said ARIN directed the configuration of ISP routers. The point of a
routing registry is to be the source of truth about a resource, the holder
of that resource, and thereby the valid originator of routing entries
related to that resource. Whatever you want to call it, ARIN does exactly
that. The dynamics of routing protocols are subject to the whims and
business relationships that evolve between operators, but the source of
validity in registration is held by IANA and the set of RIRs.

Tony