[arin-ppml] ARIN-prop-134: Identification of Legitimate Address Holders - Preemption of changes to date?

Benson Schliesser bensons at queuefull.net
Wed Feb 16 21:52:14 EST 2011

Hi, John.

On Feb 16, 2011, at 3:03 PM, John Curran wrote:

>> Further, in the event that this evidence conflicts with any evidence
>> from the original allocation records, or any contrary documentation such
>> as those specified in section 13.x.4 below, the evidence from the
>> original allocation record will take precedence.
> Is it your intent via this proposal that all changes to legacy address holder
> records that have occurred since ARIN's inception be vacated?

No, this would be a mistake in the wording.  I intend for formal documentation to update RIR data, and RIR data to update legacy data etc.  The exception would be if, for whatever reason, IANA has current data that conflicts - this is an artificial example, but for instance if IANA were to reclaim an address block I'd argue this should take precedence.

Thanks for catching this.  I'll work on revised text and submit an update.

Cheers,
-Benson