[arin-ppml] ARIN-prop-133: No Volunteer Services on Behalf of Unaffiliated Address Blocks

George Bonser gbonser at seven.com
Wed Feb 16 02:32:01 EST 2011

> The Internet will be Dead -> Kill the Internet ?

I don't think the internet is going to die because of whois entries.  At
best it is just a distraction.  At worst, it is a sort of retroactive
changing of the rules that have been in place for a very long time.  If
it hasn't already destroyed the Internet over the past 20 years of the
general public being on it, it isn't going to break anything over the
next few years.  This almost seems to be like several ways of somehow
getting hold of legacy address space or making it easier to hijack it.
Forget it.  Those addresses were issued in a different time under
different rules and you can't just go changing the rules now just
because we have run out of them.  We have known this time was going to
come for a very long time.  Here we are. It is what it is.