[arin-ppml] ARIN-prop-133: No Volunteer Services on Behalf of Unaffiliated Address Blocks

Matthew Kaufman matthew at matthew.at
Mon Feb 14 16:15:50 EST 2011

Opposed. Making Whois information about legacy blocks invisible removes
the ability for individuals and organizations to continue to
"self-police" use of this space. As an example, if I am an ISP with a
customer who claims to hold a legacy block and who wants it routed,
where do I verify that if not the whois database? It similarly
interferes with any future transfer market by making it impossible to do
even the most rudimentary check on the seller's claims.

Matthew Kaufman