[arin-ppml] Use of the specified transfer policy (was: "Leasing" of space via non-connectivity providers)

John Curran jcurran at arin.net
Tue Feb 8 14:04:04 EST 2011

On Feb 8, 2011, at 2:27 PM, Martin Hannigan wrote:
> I think you have it backwards, Bill. Commissions are orthogonal, the
> LRSA is a roadblock.

Martin -

The LRSA may be a roadblock depending on your particular goal. From
your prior message, you propose three major areas for change:

  A. Need for a "mutual termination"/"walk away" option
  B. Need to be obligated to comply only with WHOIS-related policies
  B. Need for favorable fees and inclusion of ARIN membership

  (My summary, apologizes if I missed anything major...)

With respect to "B", are you proposing that the currently adopted
transfer policies not apply to legacy holders who enter an LRSA,
or only that the policy set (other than for WHOIS policies) not
change for them once they have entered into agreement?

Thanks!
/John

John Curran
President and CEO