[arin-ppml] Use of the specified transfer policy (was: "Leasing" of space via non-connectivity providers)

John Curran jcurran at arin.net
Mon Feb 7 22:26:40 EST 2011

On Feb 7, 2011, at 11:08 PM, Martin Hannigan wrote:

> "Reread the LRSA" is a blanket statement. Can you specify what I'm
> inaccurate about? If it's just fees, thanks. If not, I'd appreciate
> further explanation.

Section 7 provides contractual precedence and 10(b) precludes reducing
services to number resources under agreement, even those unused.

> My estimates show that the cost of a /24 for a small member would be
> more than doubled after fees and expenses as a result of the non
> policy part of transfer and the LRSA are passed through.

The small member doesn't need to use the STLS, and the processing fee
for a transfer is $250 per the schedule.  I imagine that a legacy holder
of a /24 might want to pass along the $100 that they are charged for the
first year to a recipient and this would make it a grand total of $350.

FYI,
/John

John Curran
President and CEO