[arin-ppml] "Leasing" of space via non-connectivity providers

George Bonser gbonser at seven.com
Sun Feb 6 22:47:51 EST 2011

Some policies are strange. To be honest, though, /24 is the standard
unless you're receiving directly from your transit, and while I know
there are quite a few networks (unfortunately some of the largest) which
deaggregate on a massive scale, I would say that most ASNs advertise at
the highest aggregation possible.

It's funny, though, because in some cases I got a /24, the /25's, all of
the /26's, /27's, /28's, /29's, and some /30's and then all of the /32's
for all of the IPs in the /24!

It was just nuts.

Guvf jnf Fniivf, ol gur jnl.