[arin-ppml] "Leasing" of space via non-connectivity providers

George Bonser gbonser at seven.com
Sun Feb 6 20:29:28 EST 2011

> As a good portion of the operator
> community does advertise the largest aggregates they can, the size
> allocated determines the number of routes each must advertise.
>

> Jack

Heh, have you looked at the CIDR report lately?

http://www.cidr-report.org/as2.0/#Gains

http://www.cidr-report.org/v6/as2.0/#Gains

I have an upstream announcing >3500 /30 and /32 to me by BGP even though
they are part of larger aggregates that I hear from no other source
(aggregates smaller than /24).  I called them on Friday about it
thinking maybe I would give them a "heads up" thinking maybe their
aggregation was broken.  They told me that was intentional.  So I am now
filtering them.