[arin-ppml] Advisory Council Meeting Results - January 2011

George Bonser gbonser at seven.com
Fri Feb 4 14:02:49 EST 2011

> > We actually aren't hasty. We spend a lot of time debating and
> discussing
>
> Behind closed doors with, at best, an abbreviated version eventually
> appearing in the form of meeting minutes.

At some point certain things have to be done behind closed doors or nothing would get done and debate will continue endlessly.  No matter what decision is taken, someone is going to be unhappy.  That's just how it is.  Sometimes even the majority might be unhappy if it is a decision that needs to be made for bigger reasons.  I don't think the goal should be to make the maximum number of people happy.  The goal should be for a working internet for the maximum number of people.

While things can be somewhat "democratic" in that people get to voice their opinions, at some point the decisions need to be made by the people elected to make them.