[arin-ppml] Advisory Council Meeting Results - January 2011

David Farmer farmer at umn.edu
Thu Feb 3 18:31:34 EST 2011

On 2/3/11 16:18 CST, William Herrin wrote:
> On Thu, Feb 3, 2011 at 4:44 PM, ARIN<info at arin.net>  wrote:
>> The AC abandoned ARIN-prop-128 [...]
>> because there is insufficient time to implement the proposal through the
>> normal PDP.
>
> If Geoff's projections are correct there will be two more meetings
> before ARIN is down to its last /8. Just sayin'.

Yes, but the current policy (2009-8) activated today with IANA
exhaustion, it would have taken emergency action to prevent that.  Or
are you suggestion we should go down to three months, back to twelve
months, and then back down to three months again?  Honestly, that
doesn't sound like a good idea to me.

>> The AC abandoned ARIN-prop-129 and ARIN-prop-130 because they violate
>> the community principle of needs-based assignments.
>
> Just once I'd like to see this read, "The AC abandoned ... because the
> proposal appeared to have been made in jest."

I'll admit we should have probably added a smiley. :)

David Farmer               Email:farmer at umn.edu
Networking & Telecommunication Services
Office of Information Technology
University of Minnesota
2218 University Ave SE	    Phone: 612-626-0815
Minneapolis, MN 55414-3029   Cell: 612-812-9952