[arin-ppml] Borders sells their /16 block

Matthew Kaufman matthew at matthew.at
Wed Dec 7 22:51:46 EST 2011

On 12/7/2011 12:47 PM, John Curran wrote:
> On Dec 7, 2011, at 3:21 PM, Matthew Kaufman wrote:
>
>> I'd sign an LRSA too if I could dictate all the exceptions to policy I'd like to take.
> Matt -
>
> Alas, all RSA's require compliance to community-developed Internet
> address policies in the region...   Why wouldn't you just submit
> the exceptions that you seek as policy proposals?

I've submitted several policy proposals, some of which are even moving
forward in the process, and supported others, that would get some of
those "exceptions to policy" that I might want implemented as policy
changes. (For instance, 2011-10, 2011-11 and 2011-12)

But I've not had much luck with, for instance, a policy proposal to
allow a legacy holder seller and their recipient to work out an
arbitrary "more liberal" justification of need than is currently
specified. And even if I did, it wouldn't pass soon enough for
Borders/Cerner to take advantage of it.

Matthew Kaufman