[arin-ppml] Advisory Council Meeting Results - November 2011

ARIN info at arin.net
Wed Dec 7 17:09:56 EST 2011

> The AC abandoned proposal 158. Anyone dissatisfied with this decision
> may initiate a petition. The petition to advance this proposal would
> be the "Discussion Petition." The deadline to begin a petition will be
> five business days after the AC's draft meeting minutes are published.

The deadline for petitions is 14 December 2011.

The AC's draft minutes of their 16 November 2011 meeting are available
at: https://www.arin.net/about_us/ac/index.html

The AC provided the following statement regarding proposal 158: "After
discussing prop-158 the AC has come to the conclusion that the
underlying issue is one of staff interpretation of existing policy and
based on community feedback has chosen to abandon this proposal rather
than working further on this aspect of IPv4 policy. The shepherds would
like to point out that further discussion regarding ARIN's role in
address aggregation may be warranted."

Regards,

Communications and Member Services