[arin-ppml] Borders sells their /16 block

John Curran jcurran at arin.net
Wed Dec 7 06:14:50 EST 2011

On Dec 6, 2011, at 10:15 PM, Mike Burns wrote:

> A steward doesn't cause havoc by creating conditions whereby a state of non-uniqueness exists in our Internet for no good reason.

Mike -

  To be clear, we'll always maintain a state of uniqueness in registry
  entries, and parties following the registry will benefit as a result.
  This does not inhibit you from configuring your routers with any IP
  addresses that you like, and the actual use of IP address blocks in
  the Internet is not assured to be unique (particularly if parties are
  selling 'something' that doesn't involve changes to registry entries)

Thanks!
/John

John Curran
President and CEO