[arin-ppml] An article of interest to the community....

Matthew Kaufman matthew at matthew.at
Tue Aug 30 23:53:14 EDT 2011

On Aug 30, 2011, at 5:01 PM, "Mike Burns" <mike at nationwideinc.com> wrote:

> Hi Paul,
>
> I'm an ARIN facilitator.
> Can I run an auction today on eBay for address space?

Sure you can. Of course the moment you do, that space is immediately suspected of being under-utilized and one would expect a Section 12 resource review to be in progress before the auction even closed. Particularly inconvenient if nobody meets your reserve.

I do wonder how much space we could free up in the region today if people could advertise it's availability without this threat, and yet I believe the odds of removing all resource review and reclamation via the PDP is pretty much a non-starter, so I'm not going to waste my time with a policy proposal.

Matthew Kaufman

Sent from my iPad