[arin-ppml] ARIN-prop-156 Update 8.3 to allow inter-RIR transfers

Rudolph Daniel rudi.daniel at gmail.com
Wed Aug 24 16:13:57 EDT 2011

Scott
>>That is the approach favored by ARIN-2011-9 Global Policy for post
>>exhaustion IPv4 allocation mechanisms by the IANA.  I support that
>>policy as well, but I think it will be insufficient, as organizations
>>holding valuable address space.......

And lets say a  multi national has legacy space in ARIN also does business
in (example) RIPE and decides it can profit from off- loading to another
party who is only present in RIPE or LACNIC ...
Present conditions allows the legacy space owner to leverage his presence
across RIRs to trade outside the RIR system?
Therefore pro-096 is basically a loophole closer?

RD

--

Rudi Daniel
*danielcharles consulting<http://www.facebook.com/pages/Kingstown-Saint-Vincent-and-the-Grenadines/DanielCharles/153611257984774>