[arin-ppml] Submitted to ARIN Consultation and Suggestion Process

Benson Schliesser bensons at queuefull.net
Thu Aug 18 17:33:27 EDT 2011

Hi, Owen -

On Aug 18, 2011, at 4:21 PM, Owen DeLong wrote:

> Suggestion:
>
> ARIN should maintain and publish a list of all prefixes transfered under section 8.3. The list should identify the original prefix (the block originally held by the transferor) and each subdivided prefix (each partial block derived from that original block) transferred under this policy and the date each prefix was transferred.

I rather think there are two issues here:  First, I agree that the community needs information on how transfers have been (de)aggregated.  This doesn't necessarily require that the actual prefixes be exposed - in fact, it would be more useful to have summarized information rather than individual prefix details in this report.  Second, I agree that the community needs something like a "who-was" service.  Together, I think these achieve what your recommendation describes.

Thoughts?

Cheers,
-Benson