[arin-ppml] Internet 101: Collaboration (was -Microsoft receives court approval for transfer as agreed with ARIN)

Matthew Kaufman matthew at matthew.at
Fri Apr 29 23:59:42 EDT 2011

On 4/29/2011 8:49 PM, Michel Py wrote:
> it's about the gut
> reaction about a new recurring fee.

Agree. This is why I don't have any end-user IPv6 space of my own still.
Sure, I'd love to configure up my own globally-routable IPv6 across the
local microwave IP network I have, but that particular hobby already
uses more $/month out of the budget than I should be spending, so
$100/year isn't going to go to ARIN for this. (Never mind that even with
approximately zero IPv6 usage the initial fee discounts have mostly gone
away).

> Depending on the feedback I get on this, I will post more bad news.

I'd love to hear more.

Matthew Kaufman