[arin-ppml] ARIN-2011-2 (Was: Forcing POCs and other contacts to act through a "blacklist")

Scott Leibrand scottleibrand at gmail.com
Fri Apr 29 23:15:48 EDT 2011

On Apr 29, 2011, at 7:58 PM, Leo Bicknell <bicknell at ufp.org> wrote:

> I drafted a proposal which has morphed into 2011-2.  This is a prime
> example of something I hope ARIN staff would do should it pass.  One
> would think some of the low hanging fruit of "proactively looking" would
> be to review lists others have already assembled.
>
> So, please support 2011-2.

As announced on April 18th, the AC voted to abandon draft policy
ARIN-2011-2 at our April meeting in San Juan.

I, for one, felt that the community generally was not in support of
policy requiring ARIN to take specific action on this, particularly in
light of the fact that ARIN indicated in San Juan that they were
indeed taking such action even in the absence of policy dictating it.

If you (or any member of the community) feel that this is
insufficient, you are welcome to initiate a Last Call Petition any
time up until five business days after the AC's draft meeting minutes
from the April meeting are published (which should occur some time on
or after May 2nd).

If you are a member, it might also be helpful to express support (in a
members' meeting, as I did, on arin-discuss, or through the ACSP) for
ARIN committing (financial and staff) resources to proactively looking
for abandoned (number) resources.

Scott