[arin-ppml] Forcing POCs and other contacts to act through a "blacklist"

Leo Bicknell bicknell at ufp.org
Fri Apr 29 22:57:50 EDT 2011

In a message written on Fri, Apr 29, 2011 at 07:48:51PM -0700, Ronald F. Guilmette wrote:
> The evidence suggests that nobody @ ARIN ever even looks at that list.
> (Spot checking I just pulled out a random entry and it happened to be
> 150.230.0.0/16, which I myself verified ages ago as belonging to the
> long defunct "Vitalink".)
>
> If I am wrong about ARIN never even looking at that list, then I will
> be happy to be corrected.

I don't know in this specific instance if ARIN is or is not looking at
the list you cite, but....

I drafted a proposal which has morphed into 2011-2.  This is a prime
example of something I hope ARIN staff would do should it pass.  One
would think some of the low hanging fruit of "proactively looking" would
be to review lists others have already assembled.

So, please support 2011-2.