[arin-ppml] Microsoft receives court approval for transfer as agreed with ARIN

Matthew Kaufman matthew at matthew.at
Fri Apr 29 12:20:53 EDT 2011

On Apr 29, 2011, at 7:01 AM, Jimmy Hess wrote:

> If the recipient of addresses happens to not be eligible to receive
> the addresses,
> then ARIN should waitlist the addresses, and immediately provide them to someone
> who is eligible.
>
> Rationale:   If you are willing to dispose of addresses by specified transfer,
> that is de facto evidence your organization no longer needs those IP addresses.

Disagree. I expect that in many cases the addresses are available for transfer *only* because there is money available to free them from the current use.

This can be anywhere from "sure, if someone paid the fees my consultant would charge I'd be willing to use NAT to free up all this space" to "for seven million dollars I'd close this place and retire".

Matthew Kaufman