[arin-ppml] ARIN-PPML Digest, Vol 70, Issue 141

Mike Burns mike at nationwideinc.com
Fri Apr 29 12:19:21 EDT 2011

> (*) AKAIK there is nothing to prevent a buyer from logically going
>    through the transfer process multiple times, even if all are done
>    at about the same moment.  10 /16s transfered one after the
>    other would work (approximately).

Gary,

>From 8.3 : Such transferred number resources may only be received under RSA
by organizations that are within the ARIN region and can demonstrate the
need for such resources, as a single aggregate, in the exact amount which
they can justify under current ARIN policies.

I think the sentence above, when plainly read, would prevent the series of
transactions you contemplate, because the "exact amount they can justify
under current ARIN policies" would be a single fixed number at step 0 of the
transfer sequence, and therefore presumably would be more than could be
allocated in the first of a sequence of transactions.

But hey, an RSA is an LRSA, so if the intent would be to shoehorn an
existing deal into current policy, defining a single aggregate as sequence
of smaller  blocks doesn't seem a stretch...

Regards,

Mike