[arin-ppml] Microsoft receives court approval for transfer as agreed with ARIN

Leo Bicknell bicknell at ufp.org
Wed Apr 27 15:54:07 EDT 2011

In a message written on Wed, Apr 27, 2011 at 07:44:11PM +0000, John Curran wrote:
> 2) In the case of Microsoft, the transfer needs-assessment was performed
>    successfully as required by policy. I've already stated this multiple
>    times.
>
> 3) The resources are indeed under a LRSA, one which (per yesterday's
>    press release) states that "transferred Internet number resources
>    will be managed according to the community-developed Internet address
>    policies in the region."

Can we ask which policy was used?  Section 8.3, the most obvious,
requires an RSA, and that the block be released to ARIN.  Since we
have an LRSA and the block went directly to Microsoft the community is
left to assume 8.3 was not used.

That pretty much only leaves section 8.2 as a way to transfer space.
Thus at this point in time I must assume a section 8.2 M&A deal was
performed.  In particular, the 8.2 policy requires "ARIN will
maintain an up-to-date list of acceptable types of documentation.",
may I ask where that list is kept on the ARIN web site, and if it
includes an order from a bankruptcy court?