[arin-ppml] Microsoft receives court approval for transfer as agreed with ARIN

John Curran jcurran at arin.net
Wed Apr 27 15:44:11 EDT 2011

On Apr 27, 2011, at 1:40 PM, Milton L Mueller wrote:

> Direct questions deserve direct answers:

Milton - Please note the following items restated, since you seem to
be confused on several of these points:

1) All requests for changes to registrations in the region must meet
   the community policies.  For those under an RSA or LRSA, there is
   clear a contractual basis for enforcement of this, and an LRSA
   never means that "a needs justification would not be a requirement"

2) In the case of Microsoft, the transfer needs-assessment was performed
   successfully as required by policy. I've already stated this multiple
   times.

3) The resources are indeed under a LRSA, one which (per yesterday's
   press release) states that "transferred Internet number resources
   will be managed according to the community-developed Internet address
   policies in the region."

These are the actual facts.  If you believe that I've made any
incorrect statement, then please do explain your basis for such
a belief when responding, as this will help me understand your
difficulty in understanding the above.

Thanks!
/John

John Curran