[arin-ppml] ARIN-2011-5: Shared Transition Space for IPv4 Address Extension - Last Call

William Herrin bill at herrin.us
Mon Apr 25 03:09:53 EDT 2011

On Sun, Apr 24, 2011 at 10:12 PM, Scott Leibrand
<scottleibrand at gmail.com> wrote:
> Ok.  So it sounds like you'd like to modify ARIN-2011-5 to add
> language stating that, for purposes of NAT pools and internal
> management, globally unique addressing would no longer be justified
> unless there was a compelling technical reason this /10 couldn't be
> used instead?
>
> Do you have any language suggestions?  (If not, I and probably a
> number of others would be happy to help draft something if people feel
> it's needed...)

"A requirement for IPv4 addresses used solely inside a single
autonomous system shall not qualify an organization to receive or
retain an IPv4 address assignment or allocation."

> Does anyone else feel this is important to add to ARIN-2011-5 now, as
> opposed to submitting it as another policy proposal for discussion in
> Philadelphia?

I'd like to see this as an add-on policy. I don't want to see 2011-5
derailed waiting for us to hash out the details of what no longer
qualifies for an assignment.

Regards,
Bill Herrin

Falls Church, VA 22042-3004