[arin-ppml] ARIN-2011-5: Shared Transition Space for IPv4 Address Extension - Last Call

Benson Schliesser bensons at queuefull.net
Wed Apr 20 12:58:03 EDT 2011

Hi, Cathy.

On Apr 20, 2011, at 9:44 AM, cja at daydream.com wrote:

> I too oppose this proposal.  Let's be really clear here.  The more appropriate venue is/was the IETF and the IETF turned it down.  It was also brought up in the APNIC region and that region also turned it down.

My understanding is that the IETF didn't think they were the appropriate venue, and that this was a policy question more appropriate for the RIR community.  But, I confess: I didn't participate closely in that discussion.  Is there something that we can reference (e.g. an archive or document) to understand this decision?

Cheers,
-Benson