[arin-ppml] LRSA requirement for resources being transferred

John Curran jcurran at arin.net
Tue Apr 19 21:43:16 EDT 2011

On Feb 24, 2011, at 8:22 PM, Bill Woodcock wrote:

> That is correct.  The 8.3 transfer policy specifically places no burden on the seller.  The seller need not be an RSA or LRSA signatory, and presumably in most cases will not be.

(belated reply)

Bill -

   Thanks for raising this matter; as originally implemented, we decided to direct
   all legacy transfers into the LRSA process (for vetting of registration) if the
   resources were not presently under registration services agreement.  While this
   makes perfect sense from an implementation workflow, it was brought our attention
   that it had potential for creating an unnecessary burden under some circumstances
   and was not a requirement of the policy as adopted.

   After consultation with ARIN Board, transfers will be allowed to initiated without
   the resources being under a registration services agreement.  Such transfers have
   will some uncertainty regarding processing time and approval, and ARIN encourages
   all parties to first bring their resources under an registration services agreement
   to avoid such uncertainties.  Details on this change will be announced tomorrow.

Thank you for bringing this matter to my attention,
/John

John Curran
President and CEO
ARIN