[arin-ppml] [arin-council] AC Role in Petitions

Joe Maimon jmaimon at chl.com
Sun Apr 17 15:48:52 EDT 2011

Randy Carpenter wrote:

> There seems to be a lot of stink over what I take to be a very simple thing.
>
> The way I understand it is that the rule is only that AC members may not be counted as part of the required 10 to make a petition to reconsider an abandoned proposal. I don't think there is anything with that rule that prevents an AC member from expressing their opinion. Please correct me if I am wrong.

Randy,

As far as I can tell, only way the AC can make a rule that actually has
an effect on how a petition is evaluated is either

a) AC rules are silently incorporated into the PDP petition process

b) AC rules prevent AC members from voicing their opinion

Neither is acceptable in my opinion, and that is what the stink is about.

Joe