[arin-ppml] [arin-council] AC Role in Petitions

Joe Maimon jmaimon at chl.com
Sun Apr 17 00:03:38 EDT 2011

Charles O'Hern wrote:
> On 4/14/11 5:10 PM, Joe Maimon wrote:
>>

>> Charles O'Hern wrote:

>>> The PDP doesn't seem to include (I couldn't find mention of) a rule to limit the AC's ability to create rules for the members of the AC.
>>>

>> As the AC is not a wholly disjoint entity from the PDP, their behavior vis-a-vis the PDP should be governed by the PDP. And in fact, much of their behavior is.
>>
>> If they do not share this view, why the intention to include this rule as a revision in an upcoming revision of the PDP? As an FYI? Is the PDP an FAQ on the PDP?
>>

>> Joe
>>

> True, but this behavior is not governed by the NRPM (or PDP).  I'm not crazy about the behavior, but its not forbidden, therefore, permitted.  Perhaps you can draft a revision
> proposal that addresses the AC passing rules governing the actions of its membership?

Frankly, I do not understand how an AC member posting his opinion of  in
support of a petition cannot be counted as a vote of support for the
petition as per PDP.

It is not as if the PDP has to incorporate sight unseen AC standing
rules, which may or may not be in conflict with the PDP.

If the AC does not want AC members participating in the petition
process, that means they must be muzzled.

In any event, PDP states that it is the ARIN president who determines
the result of the petition (not the AC), and I find myself curious as to
what extent, if any, his determination will be guided by AC standing
rules as to the eligibility of support votes.

Joe