[arin-ppml] ARIN / Microsoft press release regarding IP address Transfers

Matthew Kaufman matthew at matthew.at
Sat Apr 16 16:42:47 EDT 2011

On Apr 16, 2011, at 12:54 PM, John Curran <jcurran at arin.net> wrote:

> On Apr 16, 2011, at 3:38 PM, "Matthew Kaufman" <matthew at matthew.at> wrote:
>
>> On Apr 16, 2011, at 11:13 AM, John Curran <jcurran at arin.net> wrote:
>>
>> And so the open and transparent IPv4 transfer market opens.
>
> Correct.

I was being sarcastic. There's almost nothing open or transparent about this.

No confirmation that 8.3 was the policy used.

No confirmation that, as per 8.3, only a single aggregate was transferred.

No confirmation that if >1 aggregate was transferred it was done as multiple transfers each with space justification individually. (noting that if this technique was used to avoid 8.3's requirement, that suggests that perhaps 8.3 should be changed)

No rebuttal to the claims that the recipient was able to avoid signing the RSA for this space.

As someone else said, we are just supposed to trust that policies were followed to the letter.

Matthew Kaufman

(Sent from my iPhone)