[arin-ppml] ARIN / Microsoft press release regarding IP address Transfers

Michel Py michel at arneill-py.sacramento.ca.us
Sat Apr 16 14:46:39 EDT 2011

> Ted Mittelstaedt wrote:
> First, let me say that I mostly agree with Benson in that the
> press release basically said nothing of real substance.  All
> we know is that Microsoft and ARIN signed some document.

+1

This smells like congress budget deals: we announce that we have a deal
because we are under the gun to make one, but we don't know yet what the
details are, as they will be worked out behind closed doors.

John, I would suggest a better communication from ARIN about this
matter. Details, please.

> Leo Bicknell wrote:
> Did Microsoft actually pay Nortel $7.5M in cash, or was
> it a swap for bad debt?

What difference does it make? Money is money.

Michel.