[arin-ppml] ARIN / Microsoft press release regarding IP address Transfers

Matthew Kaufman matthew at matthew.at
Sat Apr 16 12:48:24 EDT 2011

On 4/16/2011 9:43 AM, Matthew Kaufman wrote:
> On 4/16/2011 7:14 AM, John Curran wrote:
>>

>>    I will not comment on matters specific to any particular
>> customer's request,
>
> And yet that is *exactly* what the press release was. Comments on
> matters specific to a particular transfer.
>
> Comments that are self-contradictory, I might add, at least without
> further clarification. Particularly around whether or not the
> recipient will be signing the RSA and whether or not the transfer is
> of a single aggregate, both of which are required by the policy
> alluded to but which are seriously in question.

Following up, there's really a question of confidence here. Either A)
The community-developed policy was followed, to the letter, and ARIN and
other parties will confirm that or B) There's really no point to the
community continuing to try to develop policy in this area as the
organization won't be following it anyway.

And if we're at B, then perhaps people should be taking their business
elsewhere to an organization that will follow policy *and prove that
they are doing so*.

Matthew Kaufman